Punta Cana: Day 7

Buenos Dias! Good Morning! This morning we woke up early (8:30am) to make the most of the day! We quickly got ready and rushed to breakfast so we could spend as much time as possible on the beach. After getting a horrible sun burn yesterday, I did not need any more sunshine! I spent my time on the beach in the shade and reading my book. The only time I stepped out of the shade and into the sun was when my cousins and I took some pictures down by the water. 

At 11:30am, my family and I were heading back to our rooms to shower and finish packing up! By 1pm we were all packed up, checked out and on a trolly with our bags to the front entrance of the entire resort. When we got there we went to a very large buffet for some lunch and I hated it! There were so many people that they couldn’t make enough food to keep up with the crowds. The lines around the buffet were ridiculous. The service was terrible – I only got my water glass refilled once, and I was dying of thirst. It was like grand central station at that buffet and I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. We quickly finished our food and exited stage right. We were just hanging out and waiting for 2pm, which is when the bus was coming to pick us up and take us to the airport. In the eleventh hour… seriously it was 1:58pm, my grandma decided that she wanted a group shot of the families.. We started to pose and the bus showed up! No one wanted their picture taken. We rushed to the bus and only half of the group got on, so they had to wait for the next one. Luckily, my family got on the first one and we were off to the airport! 

We arrived at the airport, beat the rush and got our boarding passes almost immediately. The airport in Punta Cana has two terminals – one that is nicely air conditioned with tonnes of seating, and one that is open air, reeks of jet fuel, and has no seating options. Luckily, our plane was departing from the air conditioned terminal. We had two hours to wait before our flight was going to board, so I struggled with shitty wifi, and checked out the duty free shops. Before we knew it was 5pm, and our boarding call was booming (literally – check out my vlog, HERE, so you know what I mean) over the loud speaker system.

I thought this was the coolest thing ever – we had to walk outside on the tarmack, and up the stairs to the airplane. I travel quite often, and I had never done that before! We then found our seats and we were ready for take off. Halfway through my flight my brother got motion sickness, and held up the bathroom on the airplane for over 40 minutes.. Sickness really grosses me out, so I was pretty disturbed and anxious for the remainder of the trip home.

4 hours later, at 10:30pm, we landed in Toronto, cleared customs and collected our luggage. We then hopped on a shuttle that took us to the parking lot, where we had left our car. We quickly hopped in our van and we were on the last leg of our journey, and home bound! It is now 1:30am and I have showered and curled up in bed. I am soo sleepy, and today has been a ridiculously long day!

This concludes my blog posts on my adventures in the Domincan! I'm sorry it took me so long to get them all up, but I hope that you enjoyed hearing about my travels!

No comments