Punta Cana: Travel Day!

For the past 7 days, I have been soaking up the sun in beautiful Punta Cana! Each night I wrote a blog post, and I attempted to upload them while I was down there, but the wifi at the resort was absolutely horrible, it was as slow as molasses & it wouldn't let me upload any pictures. So for the next week I will be posting my nightly blog post from my trip!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Peace Out Canada, Hello Punta Cana! Today was a super long day of travel. My family woke up bright and early (8am) to pick up my grandparents and head to the airport. Once we arrived at the airport, we parked our car and took a shuttle to our terminal. We weren’t in the airport for thirty seconds, and we were reunited with our aunts, uncles, and cousins! We checked in, only to find that our travel agent had not properly reserved us seats, and my family of 5 was all spread out through the airplane. My mom was not impressed, but we went off to clear security and find our departure lounge. We arrived at the airport 3 hours before our flight was scheduled to take off, but time seemed to pass by super quickly! Once we dropped off our carry on luggage with our family, we went on a hunt for some lunch.. We managed to find a Tim Horton’s and spend $60.00 on food.. Seriously, who spends $60.00 at Tim Horton’s?! Anyways, the flight was just over 4 hours long, and it went by quickly. I spent most of the flight listening to my ipod and reading a book on my Kobo. Our seats weren’t too bad, everyone had an aisle seat and we were one behind the other, so inthe end, it all worked out. 

When we landed in Punta Cana we were able to walk off the airplane and onto the tarmac! I don’t remember the last time I got to do that, so I thought that it was pretty cool! It was 25 degrees outside, and boy was it HOT ! 

Punta Cana International Airport
We then cleared customs, collected our bags and went to a bus that would take us to our resort! (Method of transportation number three for the day!) The bus ride was about 40 minutes long, and there was really nothing interesting to see out the window.. just vegetation.. BORING! 

On the bus on the way to the resort with my Grandma, Cousin Stephanie & Daddy Murdock
We then arrived at the resort only to discover that it is beautiful, and massive! We had to hop on to yet another shuttle, to get to our section of the resort! We checked in, found out room (it was gorgeous!) and quickly changed for dinner because we were all starving! We met up with the entire group (43 people to be exact) (NOTE: I probably should mention that the purpose of this trip is because my cousin is getting married? ahaha, whoops.. That is an important part of information!) and my cousin distributed gift bags. My gift bag contained a bottle of Ketchup (along with some other cool things) because I am a serious Ketchup addict! We then went to the buffet for dinner. The food was quite good, and the staff are super friendly! 

My Ketchup!
Our Room!

The Main Pool
The Pool 
I then exited stage left to head to the lobby to use the free, but super crappy wifi and skype my boyfriend! I talked to him for a little while, and then decided that I was exhausted from a long day of travel. I returned to my hotel room, had a super long, hot shower, and got dressed in the comfy resort robe and slippers! It was quite luxurious actually, aha. So after a long 18 hour day and travelling with 4 methods of transportation, I am off to sleep. Tomorrow will be full of a tonne of fun adventures here in the Dominican and I can’t wait to tell you all about them! 

No comments